Omega Delta Youth Baseball and Softball League provides regular season baseball and softball from April until the end of July. Every player that signs up plays in every game.
Please join us for another great season of baseball and softball at Hoyne Park
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 19
Come celebrate and enjoy a full day of breath taking games featuring our league’s ALL-STAR players.
To ALL Parents! While watching your child play, did you ever say to yourself “I would of caught that pop up,” “That was an easy play, how did they mess it up?” “How can you strike out looking?” Well, now is your shot! Show your kids how it’s done.
Season: Saturday, September 26 – Saturday October 24
All games are on Saturdays starting at 6:30 p.m. at Hoyne Park
Deadline to Sign up: TUESDAY, September 22
You may register as an individual or team
- All players must be a parent or Coach of Omega Delta Youth Baseball & Softball League.
- Each team must have a minimum of 4 women on the field and in the lineup
- 7 inning games (1 hour time limit)
- All players start with a 1-1 count
- A maximum of 6 teams will be allowed to register
Questions? Contact Daniel Gaichas at firstname.lastname@example.org
2020 Season at Hoyne Park
Now in our second week of baseball & softball, we would like to thank all of the coaches, players and supporters for making the 2020 season a reality. It is still early in the season and we remain cautious of the threat from COVID-19. To help protect everyone throughout the season we ask everyone adhere to the following guidelines when attending games and practices:
- Players, Coaches and Spectators who are sick or exhibit symptoms of illness should stay home.
- Personal contact with players should be limited. No high fives, fist bumps, handshakes, etc. At the end of the game players will line up along the baseline and tip their hats to the opposing team as a show of good sportsmanship.
- Players should bring their own drinks which should be clearly labeled with their name.
- Team snacks should be sealed prepackaged items that are distributed after the game in an open area away from the dugouts.
- Face coverings are not required while on the field during game play and recommended when sitting on the bench.
- Players should remain six feet apart while on the bench and dugouts should be limited to the next five batters in the line up.
- Parents/Spectators should watch the game from the outfield foul territory and maintain social distance from other families. Parents/Spectators are also encouraged to wear face coverings when moving around the park.
- Parents should provide personal hand sanitizer to their players which should be used frequently between innings.
- Families are encouraged to disperse from the park immediately after practices and games.
- Players are encouraged to use their own personal batting gloves to minimize direct contact with shared bats.
- When possible, players are encouraged to obtain their own personal helmets to minimize the need to share equipment. The league has a handful of helmets available for purchase for $5 while supplies last. Those interested should email email@example.com to reserve a helmet.
2020 Upcoming Events
|Fall Ball||TBA||Hoyne Park|
|All Star Day||TBA||Hoyne Park|